Nintendo 3DS Picture Pack Viewing Instructions
Here's how you get my zip files of pictures on to your Nintendo 3DS to see my pictures in 3D.
- Get a spare SD card. (You can use the card that came with the 3DS if you want.)
- Open the contents of the SD card.
- Open the DCIM folder on the card. If there isn't a folder called "DCIM" on the card, create one at the root of the SD card.
- Download the ZIP file.
- Open the ZIP file.
- Inside the ZIP, you'll find a directory named something like "2600YOSE" or "2600ZION". Copy the entire folder to the DCIM folder on the SD card. (Not just the images, you need the whole folder with the specific name it has in the ZIP.)
- Put the SD card in your 3DS.
- Open the Nintendo 3DS Camera app.
- Wait for the processing to complete.
- Select View Photos.
- My pictures are dated starting from 01/01/10, so they should be easy to find.
It's possible that these picture packs will work on any device capable of displaying .MPO image files in 3D. However, the images have been optimized for 640x480 display on a Nintendo 3DS, and have only been tested on that device.
You can also copy individual pictures into a properly named directory under DCIM if you don't want to grab the entire pack.
Back to the Picture Pack Index